Kris Carlon / Android Authority
Google’s Chrome OS has been accessible for roughly a decade now, carving out a distinct segment within the enterprise and training house. Nevertheless it nonetheless pales compared to Home windows and Mac OS with regards to world market share.
Rita El-Khoury not too long ago waxed lyrical about her experience with Chrome OS in 2022, posting a ballot to ask whether or not you’ve used the platform within the final yr. Right here’s the way you answered that query.
Have you ever used Chrome OS within the final yr?
Nearly 1,600 votes had been counted as of writing, and it seems that ~52% of respondents say they use Chrome OS on a regular basis. This was mirrored within the feedback, with a number of readers noting that they actively use a Chromebook.
In the meantime, ~16% of surveyed readers stated they used Chrome OS once in a while, whereas 8% stated they hardly ever used it within the final yr. Lastly, ~24% of polled readers stated they haven’t tried out Chrome OS prior to now yr. That is comprehensible, as we’re guessing that these readers are proud of their present Home windows, Mac, or Linux machines.
However, as Rita famous in her submit, you must most likely give Chrome OS a strive if you happen to haven’t used it for a couple of years. Between Android telephone integration, annotation/display seize/display forged instruments, and the flexibility to run apps from quite a lot of platforms, there are many current additions.
- Adam Johannes: Get a pixelbook go from eBay and you’ll find it irresistible much more! I had a pixel slate,.the keyboard doesn’t final however with the bridge sort g, it’s excellent
- ManFredMann: Can you actually fall again in love with one thing that you simply left beforehand? Possibly you by no means cease loving it, however there’s one thing about one thing else that’s new. That additionally permits us to return to the start. I’m simply hoping that chromos stays as light-weight as it’s. I not too long ago put in Chrome OS flex on a second technology i3 all-in-one Dell desktop and the factor flies!
- bluedye17: I had a Chromebook at work, and I’m fairly pc competent, however I actually couldn’t entry or obtain letterhead with Chrome OS. I’d invariably find yourself saving no matter I had written because the letterhead itself, inflicting issues for everybody. I couldn’t get my head round the entire file system factor. I finally simply requested my work if I may carry a PC in, they usually allowed me to do it.
- Beardednomad: I exploit the Lenovo Duet 5 daily as my important pc. I do have a Microsoft Floor laptop computer as nicely however I hardly ever use it nowadays. Between Linux, Android and net apps there’s not a lot you possibly can’t do on a Chromebook.
- eszklar: A good friend of mine lent me their 2017 Pixelbook originally of final October when he and his girlfriend went on a three-week trip to Paris, France. Such as you Rita, I used to be fairly impressed with how far ChromeOS had advanced. Used ChromeOS, Android apps from the Play Retailer, put in Linux containers and I additionally examined CrossOver for ChromeOS. Gave the Pixelbook again when my good friend returned from his trip and considered what Chromebook would I ever get and noticed the Framework Chromebook Version laptop computer. Costly, however can set up as much as 64 GB RAM, the Framework USB-C aspect modules accessible are wonderful and the machine’s core main-board may be changed with a “common” main-board to put in Home windows or Linux. That’s what I’d go for Rita.