- Withings introduced U-Scan, an at-home urinalysis platform that gives hands-free information assortment.
- The pebble-shaped reader sits inside customers’ bathrooms to routinely seize samples and analyze biomarkers.
- The system shall be accessible in Europe in mid-2023 for €499.99, with plans to broaden to US markets sooner or later.
Withings is making its approach to probably the most surprising seat in the home — your rest room. At CES 2023, the corporate introduced a brand-new well being system known as the U-Scan, which goals to watch customers’ well being by means of urinalysis. The superior monitor simply attaches inside any rest room, providing comfort and privateness, plus automated monitoring and actionable insights within the Withings companion app.
Small however mighty, the system can distinguish urine from different liquids.
The pebble-shaped U-Scan is simply 90mm however packs the punch of a march bigger at-home lab. Small however mighty, the system can distinguish urine from different liquids and even inform the distinction between varied relations based mostly on urine stream signatures. Which, it seems, is an actual factor. The very fact is, urine accommodates a number of essential biomarkers that provide detailed insights into our total well being. Now Withings is making that information extra accessible than ever from the consolation of your rest room.
As soon as put in, the system routinely collects samples, activating inside testing when thermal sensors detect urine. Inside, an interchangeable, rotating cartridge homes dozens of check pods, every of which it makes use of for chemical evaluation. An optical module reads check outcomes, the remaining liquid is purged, and the system rinses clear through flushing. The system is spectacular because it stands but in addition holds loads of potential for future growth. Particularly, Withings plans to tackle further well being points with medical cartridge variations as effectively.
Every distinctive U-Scan cartridge assesses particular biomarkers relying on the person’s want. As of now, Withings has introduced two shopper well being cartridges.
- U-Scan Cycle Sync: The U-Scan Cycle Sync leverages the system’s functionality to assist those that menstruate monitor their cycles, predict ovulation home windows, and extra. These insights are gathered by analyzing hormonal and dietary biomarkers, pH ranges, and particular gravity.
- U-Scan Nutri Stability: Equally, the U-Scan Nutri Stability analyzes customers’ urine for particular gravity, pH, vitamin C, and ketone ranges. This cartridge goals to assist customers garner perception into their diet and hydration.
The U-Scan routinely syncs through Wi-Fi with the Withings app so customers can entry their evaluation. There, Withings additionally presents steerage on deciphering and performing in your outcomes. The system itself encompasses a rechargeable battery that may last as long as 3 months at a time. Every cartridge may even present as much as 3 months of testing. The U-Scan shall be accessible in Europe in mid-2023 for €499.95. Customers can subscribe for automated refill cartridges or buy further cartridges at will. Pending FDA approval, the corporate additionally plans to launch the system within the US sooner or later as effectively.