⚡ Welcome to The Weekly Authority, the Android Authority publication that breaks down the highest Android and tech information from the week. The 224th version right here, with Pixel Fold renders, our Reader’s Alternative Telephone of the 12 months Awards winner, unhappy Noodle information, every part you missed at The Sport Awards, and extra…
😅 I used to be going to let ChatGPT write this week’s intro, however it made up a random undeniable fact that didn’t take a look at, so I suppose we’re not at any danger of being changed by AI simply but! This week, I’ve been having fun with taking part in Cozy Grove on my new Change (whereas being advised I needs to be taking part in The Callisto Protocol, however nope, too scared).
Fashionable information this week
- The results are in for our Reader’s Choice Phone of the Year awards — however which cellphone took the crown?
- Realme announces it’s launching the Realme 10 Pro series globally: The ten Professional begins at $319, the ten Professional Plus at $379
- Seems like Tecno’s crushed Oppo to the punch: You can now buy a phone with a retractable rear camera.
- New AI chatbot is scary good: ChatGPT is inflicting jaws to drop, creating articles and poems that sound scarily human, however what are the dangers? Proper now, you may create an account and try ChatGPT for free.
- Photo editing app Lensa soars to the top of the Apple charts with its AI selfie generator.
- Telegram introduces no-SIM signups, auto-delete chats, and more.
- In the meantime, Amazon wants to give you $2 a month to spy on your phone usage.
- Microsoft may be mulling a super app to tackle Google and Apple.
- TSMC, the world’s largest contract chip maker, hosted a tool-in ceremony for its first factory in Phoenix, Arizona, on December 6, plans to triple its funding to $40 billion.
- Elsewhere, Rad Trike is a new three-wheeled car replacement from Rad Energy.
- And Musk’s in hassle once more: Nerualink faces federal probe, employee backlash over animal tests.
- First, some unhappy information: Kirstie Alley, star of Cheers and Look Who’s Talking, died at 71.
- Unhealthy information for Roku machine homeowners: You can’t get the cheaper Disney Plus with ads plan.
- One thing extra cheery: It’s the Disney Plus Christmas Guide to the best holiday shows and movies, from Dwelling Alone to… Hawkeye?
- Streamed Wednesday on Netflix? The viral dance from the present is now all over TikTok.
- Talking of, here’s the history of Netflix: The DVD rental company that changed the world.
- We noticed a new trailer for HBO’s The Last of Us series, placing Joel and Ellie’s relationship within the highlight.
- And it appears like when HBO Max and Discovery Plus merge, they’ll have a new name, which can apparently be “Max.”
- In the meantime, some weekend watching inspo with the week’s best new streaming movies, together with Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio. Plus, this week’s best new streaming shows, together with Harry & Meghan.
- We form of want this was us: A Goonies fan has bought the house from the movie.
Oliver Cragg / Android Authority
- Microsoft is raising its Xbox game prices: New, first-party Xbox Sequence X|S video games will price $70 at launch in 2023.
- The FTC is suing to block Microsoft from buying Activision, largely as a consequence of Sony’s complaints.
- Fortnite Chapter 4 brings a whole new map and Geralt of Rivia within the battle cross.
- Kotaku‘s review of The Callisto Protocol is in: Apparently, it’s one of the vital formidable video games reviewer Ashley Bardan has performed this 12 months.
- In case you missed The Sport Awards on Thursday, you may catch up here — suffice to say, Elden Ring gained Sport of The 12 months, stunning no person, and Friday’s Daily Authority has extra. We’re protecting a few of the announcement highlights beneath, within the Weekly Marvel.
- Popular video game Sifu is being adapted into a live-action feature film.
- In the meantime, Diablo 4 development plagued by chaos and mismanagement, claims new report, threatening June 6 launch.
- And FromSoftware reveals Armored Core 6 for PS5, PS4, out subsequent 12 months.
Andrew Grush / Android Authority
Adam Molina / Android Authority
The Sport Awards happened on Thursday night time, and it was an action-packed occasion, to say the least, with new trailers, bulletins, and naturally, awards. Eurogamer has a great roundup, however listed here are a number of announcement highlights:
We noticed a reveal trailer for Hellboy Internet of Wyrd, a roguelite action-adventure with cool comedian guide styling.
Bioshock’s chief developer Ken Levine’s again with a brand new sport that appears loads like Bioshock (no unhealthy factor), known as Judas, coming in 2023.
We have been promised an replace on Kojima’s subsequent sport, and we obtained it, although no nice surprises: It’s Death Stranding 2.
Some superior information for Hades followers — Supergiant introduced Hades 2 and we noticed a debut trailer.
I’m throughout something post-apocalyptic, so fairly excited for After Us, Silent Division’s new atmospheric journey sport, coming subsequent 12 months.
- On the VR entrance, we noticed a world premier trailer for Horizon Call of the Mountain in addition to a reveal of the upcoming Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord, coming to PSVR 2 and Meta Quest in 2023.
- We additionally noticed a story and gameplay teaser for Tekken 8, plus a brand new trailer for Street Fighter 6, out June 2, 2023.
- There was a primary in-engine have a look at open-world survival MMO Dune Awakening.
- We noticed a demo announcement trailer for Forspoken — you may play the demo now on PS5.
- And there was a trailer — plus an announcement date — for Diablo 4: June 6, 2023.
- On the DLC entrance, Sony revealed PS5-exclusive Horizon Forbidden West DLC Burning Shores, coming April 19, 2023, whereas we noticed a trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 DLC Phantom Liberty (Idris Elba’s in it!) coming 2023. There was additionally a trailer for Dead Cells DLC Return to Castlevania, coming Q1 2023.
- We’ll end up with the new trailer for Final Fantasy 16, dubbed Revenge, with a confirmed June 22 launch date.
- Little question many of those video games will make it into our best PS5 games and finest Xbox Series X/S games picks after they’re launched subsequent 12 months!
- December 11: Xiaomi 13 sequence launch date
- December 14: Oppo Inno Day 2022
- January 5-8, 2023: CES 2023 (Las Vegas)
- January 12: Motorola Moto G Play launches (US and Canada)
- February (date TBC): Samsung Unpacked (Galaxy S23?)
Tweet of the Week
This ChatGPT MUD spell looks like an actual first order approximation of the AI-conjured elements of the metaverse. https://t.co/UmXk3u3GwN
Paula Beaton, Copy Editor.