Regardless of one of many worst potential occasions taking place in November—the whole collapse of the world’s largest crypto firm—the GameFi market didn’t fall considerably in comparison with October.
This may increasingly point out that the market, barring a systemic collapse, has reached a restrict of its draw back danger.
However, lowering funding in area continued, with the quantity of funding and the variety of funds reaching a historic low.
Amid the downturn, Polygon has carried out comparatively effectively as a gaming chain, with a number of giant titles gaining customers in November.
General, November was a comparatively uneventful month for GameFi, particularly contemplating what occurred within the CEX sector.
Crypto Macro Overview
- On the finish of November, the F&G index closed larger than on the finish of October.
- The FTX collapse stopped the F&G index restoration, inflicting it to fall from 40 to twenty.
- Hitting $1,091 on Nov. ninth, Ethereum was near dropping beneath the thousand-dollar mark however didn’t.
ETH Value VS FGI (November Report)
The FTX collapse didn’t trigger the worth of ETH to drop beneath its June lows, regardless of this occasion being arguably extra important than the Terra Luna collapse that occurred.
Curiously, BTC did drop beneath its June lows, which is sudden as a result of altcoins would beforehand bear the larger brunt of detrimental market sentiment and volatility.
One potential rationalization is that this seemingly minor worth motion information is the primary proof of one thing large: the tokenomic results of the Merge coming to fruition. For the primary time, Ethereum is much less risky than BTC.
GameFi Financing & Funding
- GameFi funding continued to fall and dropped to an ATL of $60 million in November, a decline of 69% MoM.
- There have been simply 9 rounds within the GameFi trade, led by Roboto Video games and Thirdverse.
- Thirdverse is a Tokyo-based growth studio specializing in Web3 and VR video games. It acquired a $15 million spherical led by MZ Web3 Fund.
- A16z was the lead investor in Roboto Video games’ $15 million Sequence A. The standard gaming studio hopes to broaden into Web3 and blockchain.
Funding by Class (Nov. GameFi Report)
Funding for GameFi has dried up a fraction of what it was once. Funds had been invested in a handful of tasks, most sport builders and studios. Most of these rounds had been for established builders with a file of publishing profitable tasks in Web3 or Web2.
GameFi Market Overview
- The full quantity in GameFi dropped from October, declining from $260 million to $100 million.
- Transactions per consumer additionally declined sharply on the finish of November however are nonetheless larger than 6 months in the past.
- In October, Axie Infinity’s unlocking occasion brought about an unusually excessive quantity of visitors on Ronin. In November, the breakdown between chains went again to a extra common distribution.
November Report—GameFi Month-to-month Quantity
The full quantity of GameFi greater than halved. A big a part of this was unusually excessive quantity in October pushed by the Axie Infinity unlocking occasion—with the market now coming again to its regular state.
November Report—GameFi Quantity and Transactions Per Consumer
GameFi Customers Overview
- MAU declined from 2.2 million p.c in October to 2 million, whereas new customers declined by simply over 100 thousand.
- Polygon noticed the very best quantity of recent customers due to a number of titles rising in reputation, specifically Benji Bananas and Planet IX.
New Customers by Chain % – November
Polygon has established itself as a possible winner within the GameFi area if it could proceed attracting strong tasks. Some notable Polygon-based titles which have grown rapidly up to now few months are Benji Bananas, Arc8 by GAMEE, and Planet IX.
New Customers by Month (November Report)
GameFi Initiatives Overview
- The sharp enhance in quantity on Polygon was pushed by Benji Bananas gaining customers and quantity. The variety of customers grew to over 80K.
- Planet IX, a space-themed technique sport, greater than tripled its customers in November. Word that the worth of the sport’s token, IXT, didn’t enhance.
Benji Bananas Customers
Benji Bananas has important development in customers in November, which was mirrored in its token worth. Alternatively, Planet IX additionally noticed a surge in gamers, however its token, IXT, continued to say no, indicating a much less sustainable challenge.
Posted In: Evaluation, DeFiRead Our Newest Market Report