Welcome to the 468th version of Android Apps Weekly. Listed here are the large headlines from the final week.
- Sony is engaged on a monitoring app for its Android TVs. The monitor app works to stop piracy. It will mainly block sideloading of apps identified to indicate pirated content material. You’ll be able to learn extra on the hyperlink, however right here’s hoping it doesn’t intrude with regular sideloading.
- YouTube is testing stay TV with a small subset of its customers. It helps you to view stay TV free of charge with promoting help. The service ought to compete with Tubi, Pluto TV, and Roku. All of these companies additionally supply free stay TV. We count on it to roll out later this 12 months.
- Google up to date its official clock app this week. The brand new clock app makes it simpler to create a customized alarm. It information a sound correct from the app and provides you the instruments to make it an alarm sound. It’s not an enormous replace, nevertheless it makes the app extra helpful.
- Google Podcasts shouldn’t be having a great time. Not too long ago, it stopped exhibiting up in Google Search outcomes, and it’s being minimized in different areas. A Google spokesperson stated these modifications are regular. It doesn’t spell excellent news for Google Podcasts.
- Google Stadia formally died this week. We wrote a eulogy for the service, so we gained’t go into enormous element right here. Google additionally launched a device to transform a Stadia controller to a daily Bluetooth controller however warns that it removes Wi-Fi performance. Hit the hyperlinks to study extra. Goodbye, Google Stadia.
Dragon Siege: Kingdom Conquest
Value: Free to play
Dragon Siege: Kingdom Conquest is a kingdom-builder with some further mechanics. Gamers concentrate on build up a kingdom after which defending it in opposition to attackers. There may be additionally the choice to construct a military and assault with them. The sport contains real-time battles, dragons, and another stuff as effectively. For instance, you too can develop meals, though it’s not a super-intensive exercise. It’s been some time since we’ve seen a sport like this one, and it’s good to see the style nonetheless in improvement.
Value: Free / $2.99 per thirty days / $29.99 as soon as
One Sec is a digital wellbeing app that helps you utilize distracting apps much less typically. It makes you do a brief respiratory train earlier than opening distracting apps. Apparently, that helps regulate your utilization, relieve stress, and has different advantages. We solely examined it for a couple of hours, so we could not have seen the long run profit, however some individuals do. You’ll be able to strive it out free of charge, or purchase it for $2.99 per thirty days or $29.99 as a single fee. We advocate giving it a demo and see if it really works earlier than shopping for something.
Value: Free to play
Design Diary is a match-three puzzle sport. The sport features a bunch of ranges for gamers to get by means of. As soon as finished, they unlock issues they’ll use to brighten their in-game homes. That’s roughly the gameplay loop. Extra issues unlock the extra you play, and also you embellish as you see match. It’s actually not the deepest sport, nevertheless it’s family-friendly, offered you may have a password for in-app purchases. It’s playable offline as effectively, a rarity for a free-to-play sport.
Myne is a FOSS app that allows you to obtain ebooks from Undertaking GutenBerg. For the unfamiliar, Undertaking GutenBerg is a library of free ebooks. Myne helps you to entry them in app format. The app additionally makes use of Google Books as a supply of e-book information, which is a pleasant contact. From there, it’s fairly easy. You obtain books from the library, learn them, and that’s about it. The choice is fairly respectable for a wholly free assortment, and it’s a great supply of free studying materials. The one draw back is that Myne is barely accessible on GitHub, so you must sideload it.
Value: Free to play
Type Grasp is a puzzle sport the place you progress water from one container to a different. The purpose is to unmix the colours and get every container filled with water from one coloration. It’s not a tough premise, nevertheless it does enhance in issue over time. The developer makes the sport a bit extra enjoyable by not giving the participant penalties for failure and in addition permitting for limitless makes an attempt. It’s additionally a family-friendly sport, and we predict youthful children, specifically, would discover one thing like this enjoyable.
If we missed any large Android apps or video games information, inform us about them within the feedback.
Thanks for studying. Attempt these out too: